Explore the answers to some common questions about how the RocheDiabetes Care Platform collects, stores and cares for patient data, as well as how you can get started.
Thanks to our open connectivity, more than 130 devices can be connected to the RocheDiabetes Care Platform.
Aviva, Aviva Connect, Guide, Guide Me
Freedom, Freedom Lite, Lite, Insulix, Mini
Contour, Contour 2, Contour Next, Contour Next Link, Contour Next One, Contour Next USB
OneTouch, OneTouch Ultra, OneTouch Verio, OneTouch Verio Flex, OneTouch Verio IQ, OneTouch Verio Pro
Confirm, Prime, Ultima
Insulet Omnipod, Pendiq insulin pen, Medtronic CareLink files
Don’t see your device listed?: contact 1-800-628-3346
The RocheDiabetes Care Platform requires an active Internet connection at all times.
The RocheDiabetes Care Platform and Device Link software can also be used by your patients at home which enables remote patient monitoring when the patient elects to share their data with you.
The Accu-Chek Device Link software requires local installation and an open USB port for uploading data.
The Device Link software is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, MacOS 64 bit, Mac OS 10.13 and 10.14. Linux is currently unavailable.
If you have any questions, please call our software support line at 1-800-628-3346.
The RocheDiabetes Care Platform adheres to the highest technical standards to ensure the security of your patient data.
- All exposed endpoints use HTTPS with SSL/TSL
- All personal data is encrypted in storage and in transit
- Session and password management follows the Gigya Security Policy
- The platform and application or HIPAA compliant.
- No Java or Flash plug-ins are supported
As stated in the terms and conditions of the RocheDiabetes Care Platform, Roche Diabetes Care will act as a data processor for the healthcare organization (data controller). To ensure compliance, Roche Diabetes Care created a Data Processing Agreement that stipulates how Roche Diabetes Care processes data on behalf of the data controller. The agreement includes the following:
- Data is stored and processed in the USA via AWS.
- An overview of personal and sensitive personal data processed
- Technical and organizational measures taken to protect data, such as encryption, physical access controls, correction, restriction, and erasure of personal data as required by law
- Contact information for the Data Protection Officer at Roche Diabetes Care
- Information about Roche’s sub-contracting agreement with Accenture for data hosting
- Details regarding the supervisory power of the customer (data controller), such as rights to audit
- Reporting in case of an incident
- Roche Diabetes Care is aware the platform may need to undergo a Data Privacy Impact Assessment. Please contact our customer support team at 1-800-628-3346 for assistance.
The RocheDiabetes Care Platform is certified to the following standards:
- EN 62366 (Application of usability engineering to medical device)
- 93/42/EEC (Medical Devices Directive)
- Registered with INFARMED
- Roche Diabetes Care is an ISO 9001
- Certified company
The RocheDiabetes Care Platform also complies with the following quality standards:
EN 1041, EN ISO 14971, EN ISO 15223 and EN 6230