Terms & Conditions
Updated and Effective: August 21st, 2019
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) apply to the RocheDiabetes Care Platform website (“Site”) located at diabetescareplatform.com. Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. (“Roche”) owns, maintains, and funds the Site.
Roche reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change or modify these Terms at any time. It is your responsibility to review these Terms whenever you visit this Site for any changes or modifications. Continued use of the Site after any changes or modifications, means you agree to such changes or modifications.
THESE TERMS ARE GOVERNED BY AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT (SEE SECTION 16). BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
You agree as follows:
- Who May Use Our Site. Except as otherwise set forth herein, you may only use our Site if you can form a legally binding contract. You must use the Site in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. If you submit information to us through this Site, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Submission of information through this website by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited.
- Site Provided for Informational Purposes Only. All information, including any service or product information or selected information concerning diseases and their treatment that may be contained and referenced in the Site, or any such information that may be contained in any email or other form of communication received by you in response to an opt-in registration from this Site, is general in nature and for informational purposes only.
The Site is NOT intended to provide medical advice or intended to be relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment. You understand and agree that Roche does not use this Site to provide medical advice, financial advice, or legal advice, and you should not assume that information submitted through this website is subject to health, financial, or legal privacy laws or regulations. Accordingly, you agree that you will not rely on any statements made on this Site as though it were professional advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical questions you may have. Do not ignore medical advice or delay obtaining medical advice based upon information contained and referenced in this Site.
- Acceptable Use of Site. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information, including emails that you provide through the Site to Roche. If an email sent by you includes possible adverse events or side effects with a medical device, Roche may be required to contact you for further information. By submitting content, you agree that you: (i) represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary licenses, waivers, authorizations, permissions to transfer such content; (ii) grant us a license to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, or publicly display the content subject to the terms (if any) displayed on the section of the Site at which the content was submitted or otherwise provided to you in connection with the submission of such content; and (iii) grant us a license to use the personal or business name submitted in connection with that content. Except as expressly set forth in this Site, the content you provide to Roche through this Site is provided by you at no cost and is not confidential. Roche is free to reproduce, use, disclose, and transfer the information to others for any reason without your permission or payment to you. Roche may use any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in the information provided by you for any purpose. By providing us with such content, you give us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid and royalty-free license to use and exploit in any manner any and all content. Roche does not waive any rights it may have to similar or related ideas previously known to it or developed by its employees and representatives, or obtained from sources other than you.
You are prohibited from using our Site to transmit or share content that:
You also are not allowed to:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence.
- Contains anything that is obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive or malicious.
- Stalks, harasses or harms another individual.
- Promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise exploit the Site or any content, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site, for any commercial purpose or enterprise, without our prior written permission.
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Site, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things prohibited under this Acceptable Use section.
- Use the site in a way that would interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
- Decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Site or any portion thereof.
- Use any automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or engage in harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, unsolicited e-mailing, telephone calls or mailings, spoofing, flooding, overloading, spidering, screen scraping, database scraping, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any content on the Site.
- Reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site to its source.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, you may display the pages of the website and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material on the Site, electronically copy, download onto your personal computer, mobile device or other technology used to access the Site, and print single hard copy portions of the pages from the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial, lawful use. If you make other use of the intellectual property on the Site, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use, including as set forth in Section 10 below.
- Modifying and Discontinuing Access to Site. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend or discontinue our Site and/or any content provided on the Site without notice to you, or to revoke your ability to access the Site without notice to you for any reason or for our convenience. We are constantly changing and improving our Site. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop all or part of the Site altogether. Accordingly, Roche may terminate your use of all or part of the Site for any reason. None of Roche, its subsidiaries and affiliates, or any of their respective officers, directors, members, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, licensors, or service providers, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Site at any time.
- Links to Third Party Websites. This Site may contain links to third party websites. Roche does not control, is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims any and all liability for any damages of any kind arising in connection with the content, practices or standards of these third party websites. Inclusion of any third party link does not imply recommendation or endorsement by Roche. The use of third party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such third party websites.
- Negative Side Effects and Adverse Events. You are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse events to the FDA. Visit http://www.fda.gov/safety/medwatch/default.htm or call or 1-800-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332).
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and us use electronic means, whether through the Site or via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing.
- Site Intended for United States Residents Only. Use of this Site is intended solely for residents of the United States. This Site may contain service or product details or information otherwise not accessible or valid in your country. Please be aware that Roche does not take any responsibility for your use of this page to access information which may not comply with any valid legal process, regulation, registration or usage in the country of your origin. Access of this Site from outside the United States is at your own risk. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO TAKE ANY ACTION ON, THROUGH, OR BY MEANS OF THIS SITE OR ANY PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE THAT VIOLATES UNITED STATES LAWS OR REGULATIONS, INCLUDING THOSE PERTAINING TO PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS OR EXPORTS.
- Intellectual Property. All text, graphics, interfaces, code, materials, and artwork appearing on this Site, including the look and feel, selection and arrangement, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, are the proprietary copyrighted work of Roche (or are used by Roche with appropriate permissions of any third party proprietors thereof) and are protected by United States federal and international copyright laws. Any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited as described below. Except as otherwise expressly stated, nothing contained herein shall be construed by implication, estoppel or otherwise to convey or grant any license or right under any copyright, patent, or trademark of Roche or any third party. The Site is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States’ and other copyright laws, and is the property of Roche.
The collective work includes works that are licensed to Roche. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, displayed trademarks, corporate logos, services marks, trade names and emblems (collectively, the “Marks”) are subject to the trademark rights of, and are proprietary to, Roche, its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective licensors. These Terms do not grant any license or other authorization to use the Marks.
By way of example and not of limitation, trademarks of Roche include: ACCU-CHEK, ACCU-CHEK 360°, ACCU-CHEK ACTIVE, ACCU-CHEK AVIVA, ACCU-CHEK AVIVA COMBO, ACCU-CHEK AVIVA CONNECT, ACCU-CHEK AVIVA EXPERT, ACCU-CHEK COMPACT, ACCU-CHEK COMPASS, ACCU-CHEK CONNECT, ACCU-CHEK DIRECT TO YOU, ACCU-CHEK GUIDE, ACCU-CHEK GUIDE SIMPLEPAY, ACCU-CHEK INNER CIRCLE, ACCU-CHEK LINKASSIST, ACCU-CHEK MULTICLIX, ACCU-CHEK NANO, ACCU-CHEK NANO SMARTVIEW, ACCU-CHEK PREFERRED SAVINGS, ACCU-CHEK SMART PIX, ACCU-CHEK SMARTVIEW, ACCU-CHEK SPIRIT, ACCU-CHEK TENDER, ACCU-CHEK TESTING IN PAIRS, ACCU-CHEK TO, ADVANTAGE, CAMIT, COMBO, COMFORT CURVE, FASTCLIX, RAPID-D, SMARTPACK, SOFTCLIX, and ULTRAFLEX.
Please note that the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by federal law enforcement agencies and is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of $250,000.
If you believe that material on this Site infringes your rights under copyright law, please contact us by U.S. Mail at the following address: Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. Attn: Legal Dept., 9115 Hague Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana 46250. Please include:
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the location of the allegedly infringing material;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
- Requests to Reproduce Information. Please contact Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. Attn: Legal Dept., 9115 Hague Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana 46250 for: a) request for permission to reproduce any information contained on this Site; or b) if you believe that material on our Site infringes your trademark, trade name, or patent.
- Product Listings. Any images or descriptions of products and services are purely informational. Roche makes no representations whatsoever about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, or timeliness of such images or descriptions (including any prices, features, details, or other listing information). Such images or descriptions, as well as the availability of the products or services to which they pertain, are subject to change at any time without notice.
- NO WARRANTIES ON SITE. THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” ROCHE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SPECIFICALLY, ROCHE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY, PERFORMANCE, QUALITY, RESULTS, ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, TOOLS, LINKS, OWNER BOOKLETS, DEVICE GUIDES OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY SITE OR SITES “LINKED” TO THIS SITE. ROCHE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
In jurisdictions that do not recognize exclusion of implied warranties, the above exclusion may not apply. The above exclusion applies in New Jersey, among other jurisdictions.
ROCHE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTIES IN SELECT CIRCUMSTANCES. Please visit Accu-Chek.com for information on our product warranties. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE WILL SUPERSEDE, REPLACE, OR MODIFY THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
ROCHE DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE OR SERVICE, AND ROCHE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER ROCHE, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROTECTED ENTITIES”) SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION:
WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ROCHE IS ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS SITE OR THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS SITE.
- INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES,
- PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, OR LOST PROFITS,
- DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT,
- DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, EFFECT, DELAY OR DEFECT IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF THE SITE OR ITS CONTENT,
- DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE SYSTEM FAILURE, OR LOSS OF USE RELATED TO THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT,
FOR PURPOSES OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION, "ROCHE" INCLUDES NOT ONLY ROCHE DIABETES CARE, INC. BUT ALSO ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations on warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above disclaimer and limitations may not apply to you. The above disclaimer and limitations apply in New Jersey, among other jurisdictions.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Roche, its officers, directors, employees, subcontractors and agents from and against all losses, expenses, claims, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from your transmission of any message, content, information or other materials on or through the Site, your breach or violation of the law, your violation of any third party right, your violation of these Terms, or any activity otherwise related to your use of the Site (including negligent or wrongful conduct).
- BINDING ARBITRATION.
In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Roche in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Roche agree that any and all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes, but is not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether the claims arise during or after the termination of these Terms. You understand and agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Roche are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
Notwithstanding subsection (A), we both agree that nothing herein shall be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our right to (i) bring an individual action in small claims court, (ii) pursue enforcement actions through applicable federal, state, or local agencies where such actions are available, (iii) seek injunctive relief in a court of law, or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address intellectual property infringement claims.
Any arbitration between you and Roche will be governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Roche.
- Notice; Process
A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other, by certified mail or Federal Express (signature required), or in the event that we do not have a physical address on file for you, by electronic mail (“Notice”). Roche’s address for Notice is: Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. Attn: Legal Dept., 9115 Hague Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana 46250. The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). We agree to use good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if we do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Roche may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Roche shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any; provided that if our dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, Roche shall pay you the greater of (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any, and (ii) the greatest amount offered by Roche in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award.
In the event that you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Roche will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees shall be decided by the AAA Rules. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse Roche for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Indianapolis, Indiana, provided that if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a non-appearance based telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- NO CLASS ACTIONS.
YOU AND ROCHE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Roche agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
In the event that Roche makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to Roche’s address for Notice), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Roche’s address for Notice, in which case your account with Roche (as applicable) shall be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject, shall survive.
If Subsection F of this Section 17 is null and void, then the entirety of this Section shall be null and void and, in such case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described elsewhere in these Terms shall govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Enforceability. Except as described in Subsection H of Section 16, in the event that any portion of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intention, and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Miscellaneous. A failure or delay by Roche to insist upon, exercise or enforce strict performance of any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and Roche and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications, and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and Roche (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms). The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these Terms. Roche may assign its rights and duties under these Terms to any party at any time without notice to you. Any offer for any product or service made on this Site is void where prohibited by law.
- Revisions to Terms. Each time you use the Site, you should visit and review the Terms. Roche reserves the right to revise, modify or amend these Terms at any time. Any such changes to the Terms will be posted on this page, and we will update the “Updated and Effective” date above to reflect the date of the changes. Your continued use of the Site after publication of any change in the Terms indicates your consent to be bound by such revision, modification, or amendment.
Last Revision Date: December 23rd, 2019
We are committed to collecting, maintaining and securing personal information about you in accordance with this policy, as well as applicable laws, rules and regulations. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more.
Please note that this Site is directed towards users who reside in the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather Personally Identifiable Information from individuals residing outside the United States of America on this Site.
DISCLAIMER: The content appearing on Roche websites or Web-based resources is presented exclusively for informational purposes. You understand and agree that Roche does not use this Site to provide medical advice, financial advice, or legal advice, and you should not assume that information submitted through this Web site is subject to health, financial or legal privacy laws or regulations. You will not rely on any statements made on this Site as though it were professional advice. The Site may provide selected information concerning diseases and their treatment. Such information is not intended or provided as medical advice. Such information is not a substitute for the advice of a trained healthcare professional. If you have or suspect having any health problems or conditions, you should consult your general practitioner or other qualified health provider. For further information, please review our Terms and Conditions.
Not intended for minors
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. Any listings of products or services developed for children are intended to be purchased by adults. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of a parent or guardian in accordance with appropriate verification mechanisms under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act rules. Anyone under 18 years old should seek their parent's or guardian's permission prior to using or disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information on this Site. You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you believe that a minor of whom you are a parent or guardian has registered or otherwise provided Personally Identifiable Information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make reasonable efforts to remove all Personally Identifiable Information related to the minor.
In addition, Roche may collect information from your computer or Internet device to conduct statistical analysis of the use of this Site. For details see the Cookies Policy.
If you provided a telephone number for Roche to contact you and wish to opt-out of phone calls, please email email@example.com.
Use of Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information Roche collects may be used for the following purposes:
- For the business purposes of Roche or our business partners, including legally authorized marketing, sales, operational and financial activities.
- To comply with any requests from you, including requests to complete a transaction, receive certain information or share content from this Site with another individual.
- To better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services.
- To communicate with you about products or services that you might find interesting.
- To tailor your experience on our Site.
- To recommend products that you might be interested in.
- To fulfill orders and requests for products, services, or information
Where permitted by our arrangements with service providers, Roche may combine the Personally Identifiable Information you share through this Site with other information you have shared with us, both online and offline. Roche may also combine this Personally Identifiable Information with records provided by third parties. Roche uses this consolidated information to help better design Roche services and products, to communicate information to you, to enhance marketing and research activities and to facilitate other business functions.
Sharing with Third Parties
Roche may share Personally Identifiable Information about you with our subsidiaries and affiliates. In addition, Roche may share your Personally Identifiable Information with outside third parties solely for the following purposes:
- To help fulfill Roche business transactions.
- To conduct technical maintenance of Roche's Web sites and other platforms.
- To facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which Roche participates.
- To facilitate a financing agreement in which the assets implicated include Roche's technical or information resources.
- To respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government authorities, or where required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations.
- Where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
This Site may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit this Site, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited this Site. If you are logged into the associated social media Web site (e.g., Facebook) while browsing on this Site, the social plugin allows that social media Web site to receive information that you have visited this Site. The social plugin may also allow the social media Web site to share information about your activities on this Site with other users of their social media Web site. For more information about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site's privacy statement.
Do Not Track Signals
Certain Web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Roche about how or whether Roche or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Roche does not respond to such signals.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information for Marketing
Roche will not sell or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any nonaffiliated entity for its own, independent direct marketing use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent. Roche uses third-party advertising companies to place ads on other Web sites. These companies may use data about your visits to this Site and other Web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices to opt out of having this information used by these companies, see our Cookies Policy.
Roche and its business partners take steps to protect Personally Identifiable Information we access or receive through this Site from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Nevertheless, Roche makes no guarantee as to the security of your Personally Identifiable Information and disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability and damages caused by loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We recommend that you take any available precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information you submit on this Site.
Roche wants to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact information needs to be updated, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct or update your contact information.
Notice, Choice and Control
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each communication or contacting Roche by phone at 1-800-858-8072 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to request access to or correction of the Personally Identifiable Information about you that Roche has collected, you can contact us at the contact information provided below. Roche may limit or deny access to Personally Identifiable Information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise provided by law. In some circumstances, Roche may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to and other requests regarding Personally Identifiable Information.
International Transfers of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us through your use of this Site may be transferred to or stored in a geographic region which imposes different privacy obligations than your country of origin.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:
Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.
9115 Hague Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46250
Attn: Privacy Officer
Be sure to include your name and address; you can include your e-mail address if you want to receive a response by e-mail. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.
9115 Hague Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46250
Attn: Privacy Officer
CALIFORNIA Supplemental Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California residents the right to know what personal information Roche collects about them, including whether it is being sold or disclosed to third-parties, and the right to prevent Roche from selling that information. Roche CCPA Supplemental Privacy Notice
Last Revision Date: December 23, 2019
The diabetescareplatform.com Web site (the "Site") is owned and operated by Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. ("Roche") located at 9115 Hague Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46250. Roche may update this notice at any time by publishing changes on this page. You should visit this page from time to time to review these updates.
What are cookies?
Cookies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you, and track which sections of the site are most popular. A ‘cookie’ is actually a file that our web server or the web server of one of our service providers or third-party partners may send to your computer when you access one of our sites. This file is then stored on your computer.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do we use and for what purposes?
Our site may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. These cookies are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but blocking these cookies will prevent the site from working. These cookies typically do not store personal data.
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies enable our websites to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party service providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you reject these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies. Performance cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. These cookies help us understand how our sites are being used, such as which sites are the most and least popular and how people navigate around the site. The information collected in these cookies are aggregated, meaning that the do not relate to you personally. Opting out of these cookies will prevent us from knowing when you have visited our site and will prevent us from monitoring site performance. In some cases, these cookies may be sent to our third party service providers to help us manage these analytics.
- Social Media Cookies. Social media cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to enable you to share our content with your friends, colleagues, and networks. These cookies are capable of tracking our browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on the other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Targeting Cookies. Targeting cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is a piece of software code on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed in online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. Web beacons are also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs.
How does our site respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals?
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Roche about how or whether Roche or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Roche does not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have regarding the delivery of targeted advertisements on third-party sites?
Most internet browsers allow you to change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept the cookies, or to automatically refuse all cookies. Note that doing so may impact how the functionality of some parts of our websites. If you have previously accepted cookies, you can use these same browser settings to reject such cookies if you change your mind.
Additionally, some of our websites may use third party analytics tools to collect and manage Performance Cookies on our behalf. Some specific tools we use include Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics, as described below:
- Adobe Analytics: We use Adobe Analytics on our websites, which collects information through cookies. If you would like to opt out of having your data used by these cookies, please use Adobe’s opt-out tool, available here: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
- Google Analytics. Our websites may use certain Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which collect information through cookies, including Remarketing with Google Analytics and Demographics and Interests reporting. If you would like to opt out of having your data used by these cookies, please use Google’s opt-out tool, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.